I have stumbled across the BEST light weight leave-in conditioner.
It’s by Creme Of Nature and it’s called Strength & Shine leave in conditioner.
I know for coarse, thicker hair many naturals opt for a creamy leave-in conditioner; which I also prefer myself.
However, when I’m wearing styles such as braid-outs, Twist-outs, and afro’s it’s easier for me to refresh those styles with a light leave-in.
In my personal experience trying to refresh a twist-out every other day using a heavy, creamy leave-in leaves my hair feeling weighed down and has an overly greasy feel and look to it.
But using a light-weight, water based leave-in allows me to maintain my hairs bounciness and shine without weighing it down.
I came across this Creme Of Nature leave-in around the beginning of 2018 and have been using it ever since.
I’m currently more than half way through my 4th bottle.
It contains Argan oil which is nice.
The Product also has a yellow tint to it and even comes out yellow as well.
- It smells amazing, most likely the Argan oil that’s in it. And the smell lingers which is nice
- Provides great shine
- Comes in a convenient spray bottle, making it easy to apply
- You do not need a lot of it, allowing your bottle to last longer
- Good amount of moisture
- Great price. I found it online for 5$ for an 8.45 fl oz bottle.
- Not oily
- The Cons
- It has some of those long, hard to pronounce names in the ingredients list (this is not a con for me but I know some naturals stay away from products with certain ingredients. I’ll list the ingredients below.
Ingredients (in order):
Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Polyquaternium-6, Disiloxane, Lactic Acid, Dimethiconol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Polyquaternium-16, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Panthenol, Benzophenone-4, Parfum(Fragrance), Hydroxyidohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Imidazolidinyl Urea, CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 14700 (Red 4).
Overall, I love this product and it has become a staple. And I love that it’s inexpensive but still does what it claims. I hope you’ll give it a try and love it as much as I do!
You can find this leave-in at most local beauty supply stores or on Amazon!