There are many products on the market today that can help maintain the health of your hair. But did you know that the foods you eat can also affect your hair growth?
Hair grows from the inside and a poor diet can affect that. A poor diet can cause hair to shed excessively, be dry and dull, and even slow the rate of growth. Your hair needs nutrients to grow.
Of course, age and genetics also determine the rate of growth but diet is one factor you can control.
So here are 5 great foods that promote hair growth:
- Eggs- great source of biotin and protein
- Avocados- great source of vitamin E
- Salmon- great source of vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acids, and protein
- Sweet Potatoes- great source of beta-carotene (our bodies convert this into Vitamin A)
- Almonds- great source of biotin