Have you ever walked down the car seat/stroller isle of a store? There are so many options it can become overwhelming very quick. Each product claiming to be better then the next.
With all the different colors, material, and stroller attachment options, I had no clue about how to pick a car seat and stroller.
Luckily, we were able to get a travel system that me and my daughter love at my baby shower!
The Chicco Cortina CX Travel System was given to us by my daughters great grandmother and I just love it.
We have it in the color pictured, which is called “Iron”.
I love that it’s a very neutral color.
- The material is very soft, pillow-like. My daughter seems very comfortable in the car seat.
- The car seat snaps into the stroller so easily. And removes just as easy with a push of a button
- The stroller is easy to fold up. Just press a button and pull!
- The car seat base comes with an easy to read leveler. This makes it easier to know if the car seat is reclined correctly.
- The basket on the stroller is very spacious.
- The stroller is easy to push. The wheels don’t get stuck or lock up on me.
- Easy to clean and wipe down.
- The car seat is heavy. At least compared to my Graco car seat. The Chicco is not lightweight at all.
- It’s not easily to adjust the straps on the car seat. It took me about 20mins to get the straps unhooked from the back.
Although this travel system was gifted to us, I did look up the price at a few stores to gives you guys a feel of how much this system costs.
Chicco, the manufacturer has this travel system listed on their website for $299.99.
That price point seems to be consistent with some of the major retailers I looked up.
Now, I did see that there were some places, like EBay, that give you the option to buy the system used for a lot cheaper.
Overall, I give this travel system a 9 out of 10!
Anything that makes mama life easier is a win for me.