I have been sick this pass week and just couldn’t find the energy to do much.
Thankfully, I am starting to feel a lot better now.
I don’t know about you but I used to have dandruff really bad!
It was to the point If I even combed or brushed my hair the dandruff would come pouring out of my head.
It didn’t matter if I had just washed my hair the day before.
It was just nasty and very embarrassing.
After a lot of trial and error, I have finally mastered how to keep my dandruff minimal:
- Keep your scalp moisturized. I was always concerned with coating my strands in product that I never really took the time to place product on my scalp. I noticed that my scalp would become very dry and peel, thus creating these big, embarrassing flakes.
2. Drink plenty of water. Keeping your body hydrated can prevent dry scalp and peeling as well.
3. Make sure to thoroughly rinse shampoo and conditioner. This was a big one for me. I found that I wasn’t rinsing out all of my shampoo and conditioner. Leaving these products on your scalp can irritate it and cause the peeling and flakes.
4. Change your eating habits. Sometimes, dandruff can be a symptom of an underlying internal issue. We have to take care of our bodies. Better eating habits can aid in clearing dandruff.
5. Wash your hair. This one is important because in order to rid the scalp of all the product buildup the hair has to be washed. Continuously piling product on top of product on the scalp will cause flakes. You know your hair best so wash on your own schedule. Some people wash their hair every week and some once a month. Whatever works for your hair.
6. T-tree oil. Someone actually recommended this oil for my flakes and I used it 3 times a week for a month (along with the above steps) and was very pleased with the results. It has a pleasant smell and gives your scalp a welcomed tingly feeling.
These may seem like simple steps but these have helped me tremendously with the amount of dandruff I receive.
Of course everyone is different and what works for me may not work for you.
However, if you are suffering from excessive dandruff then I hope you give these tips a try and i hope they work for you!