Is it just me or is January just flying by?
Anywho, I was shopping around in Target the other day, browsing the hair products, and I realized that these hair products are EXPENSIVE!
Ya’ll there was a little 8oz bottle of shampoo on the shelf for $13.
When you factor in how thick our hair is and how much product we have to use, you realize that little 8oz bottle is only good for 2-3 washes (if that).
And don’t forget you have to buy the matching $13 conditioner to go with it.
*insert eye roll here*
So today I am going to tell you guys 6 shampoo & conditioner options that are budget friendly and curly hair friendly.
When I say budget friendly I mean it! Each item is priced less than $8!! (Although prices may vary in some areas)
These are all shampoo and conditioners that I have personally used on my hair and friends and family.
So here we go:
- Herbal Essences- Hello Hydration This line is super hydrating and smells amazing. The conditioner really makes my curls pop and the shampoo doesn’t strip my hair. If you are against sulfates then you can skip this one. However you can pick up a big bottle for less than $6!
- TRESemmé Luxurious Moisture This line has a salon smell. I love the conditioner, it’s very hydrating. The shampoo does give a squeaky clean/ stripping feel but the conditioner does a great job replenishing the moisture. You can find the duo in a set for less than $7!
- Creme Of Nature Argan Oil This line is sulfate free, smells really good, and the shampoo doesn’t strip your hair. I simply love the conditioner. You can find a bottle for less than $5!
- Cantu Shea Butter This line is also sulfate free. I actually enjoy the shampoo from this line. It leaves my hair feeling really clean but not stripped of moisture. One of my favorite shampoos actually. And the conditioner is just as great. They both have an amazing smell. You can find a bottle less than $5.
- Organix Argan Oil This line smells great and I love the conditioner. But full honesty, the shampoo is just blah. However, I like the conditioner works so great I decided to add this line to the list! You can find a bottle for less than $6
- Aussie Mega Moist I was skeptical about this line at first, as I doubted that it would do anything for curly hair. Boy was I wrong. I absolutely love Aussie (their 2-minute miracle is bomb too) I always keep a bottle of this shampoo and conditioner on tuck. It smells amazing and has to be the most moisturizing out of every other line on this list. It does contain sulfates. You can find bottle for less than $5
I do have a bonus for you that’s not less than $8 but still reasonably priced.
- Carol’s Daughter Almond Milk I adore Carol’s Daughter line. It’s sulfate free and does a great job at making my curls pop. The shampoo is really good as well. You can find a bottle for less than $10.
As naturals, we don’t always have to break the bank to get a good quality product. We have many options. So for those that may be college students or just don’t want to spend much on a good conditioner, I hope you find this super helpful.
Until next time!
Other great post Did I Damage My Curls After Using The Revlon Blow Dryer Brush?